Sunday, May 15, 2011

The LBS (little black stiletto)


While I have every respect for the cult of Choo, the church of Blahnik and Louboutinism. I’ve never been one to go weak kneed at the sight of a tall, dark, spikey stiletto, I must admit the cracks beneath my practical exterior are beginning to show when I dedicate an hour to writing this blog. I guess denial is sustainable for only this long, one needs to come out of the (shoe) closet at some point.
Just as Coco Chanel revolutionized the world with the LBD, the LBS too has its place in history. I’m not going to wax eloquent about how and why because its still early days for me. What I am going to say is that just like a perfectly fitted suit, a perfectly shaped stiletto can make a women feel like a million dollars. Those extra inches make such a difference for those of us who don’t have legs up to our armpits. Though woe betide you if your day involves walking through cobbled streets and other such urban obstacle courses.
But all is forgiven when you see you’re brilliantly enhanced calf muscles, book-balancing posture and last but not least, the stylized walk which can do wonders for the collective confidence of the Amazon and the vertically challenged alike.
Of course nothing perfect comes cheap but unlike those must have ‘timeless classics’ that grace every sensible women's closet, a good pair of stilettos are an investment for life. No matter how many dress sizes your body decides to rise or fall, your feet remain constant.
The stiletto has been elevated to a universal symbol of sexuality. Imagine Cinderella, when she finally made it to the ball, parading around in trainers, I doubt the evening would have been such a roaring success. It was the glass slipper that done it!
So with that said, I’m off to get my own ‘glass slippers’ a fab pair of Louboutins. Selfridge’s here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment