Saturday, April 30, 2011

Iron lady or fairy-tale princess


Like the millions world over, I watched the Royal wedding on Friday. Like the millions world over I was ecstatic when Kate Cambridge formerly known as ‘the commoner’ stepped out of the Rolls and into the arms of her prince charming and the future king of England. Nice one Katie! Ok, I admit I did turn a light shade of pistachio but then again, I’m a bit too old for him and I’ve had the wedding of the century. Young Kate you may have a shot at it plus I could never look that fabulous in a cinched waist dress.
Sat through God’s top ten, the signing of the register, kiss number one and two and a million banal interviews with everyone from the gardener to the family dog. Which is when things took a turn for the interesting, Sky TV panned into the going’s on at number 10 where a street party hosted by Mrs Cameron was on in full swing. Tables laid out with cakes and juice, festooned with balloons, clowns, making young and old laugh aloud. Yes, this was the royal wedding street party hosted for charities the Cameron’s sponsor.
That’s what brings me now to the million-dollar question, if given half a chance which side of Green Park would you live on? You could argue that the Buckingham Palace side is more permanent than the number 10 side, but for every Diana there’s a Jackie Kennedy. Even when it comes to the grand dames for every Elizabeth Regina Windsor, there’s an Angela Merkel. Titular head of state or economic mover and shaker…I know which side I’m on, hats off to you Mrs Merkel, you go girl!
Love you Katie, keep looking fabulous, keep the heirs coming and sure you’ll find tons to do in Angelsey. Fashion icon, ass kicker or humanitarian Godess, Samantha C, its your chance to make a mark on history!

No comments:

Post a Comment