Thursday, December 17, 2009

Random acts of kindness - totally karmic!!

Ever wondered how you can save your soul with the minimum effort from your side? Well, welcome to karma cola folks ...arm chair altruism. What does that mean? simple..do a random act of kindness and all the bad stuff wont come and bite you in the ass

In my effort to get some good stuff happening to me at this moment in my life...when I bloody need it. I've decided to do my bit for the world. Welcome to 'totally karmic' soon to become a web site

THE APPEAL
I had a pretty intense 10 days in Cuba last month and its acted as a real eye opener which has led me to this. Cuba is a very very poor country. People lack the basics, stuff you and I take for granted like clothes , soap, pens etc. I left the UK with a bag weighing about 15 kilos and came back with half my stuff but a head full of good vibrations and place in my 'back pack' with wheels for 10 packs of cheap ciggies! All it took was to leave behind my unused toiletries, H&M t-shirts, imodium and other travel medication, books which i will never re-read like Sedaris and a whole load of good mojo!

I would like to request that the next time someone goes to Cuba, carry that extra tube of tooth paste, thsoe old clothes that are ment for the tip, anything you dont need really and gurantee yourself some heaven time!

Next step, find a way to create www.totallykarmic.com a web site where other travelers like myself can leave tips on what one can take with them the next time they visit countries like Cuba..

MY LITTLE BIT
The pictures you see posted on my profile? Those are just tasters of my book - Life through a lens. Once its ready I would like you (my family especially) to order a copy and the proceeds will be sent to Cuba. Will let you know when its ready. But in the interim, do your bit folks...its vacation time so pack for charity!

Thanks!
Arshia

No comments:

Post a Comment