Thursday, December 17, 2009

Us women....


when i woke up this morning, i had this incredibly stupid urge to look at my butt in the mirror. Bad move. We all know how that turns out right? Took a look at it and and the craving began for a freshly squeezed glass of orange juice, yes folks, its the Orange peel skin. I dont feel so bad about it these days cause with my luck, i'm the only one who's going to see it ...at least for a while it seems. And you know what? Thats ok!

I have a group of incredibley qualified, successful, beautiful girl friends. I'm lucky like that. Though every time we catch up for a chat the average time spent discussing work is usually about two minutes, the remainder of the bottle of wine's spent talking about the men (or the lack thereof) in our lives. Why is it that these creatures bring us to our knees? I can think of one reason, but that's pretty one sided. Where the hell is the Helen of Troy in all of us? Why does she only show herself in the board room? I'm wondering if its an age thing?

I have a male friend, who shall not be named, or his dating days are over. Who says to me the other day and very matter of factedly 'run when you see a group of 30 plus women sans men'. I think it slipped his mind that I happen to be one of 'them'. I think to myself, 'I cant run anywhere mate thats the mirror'...

Dinner for one - not such a bad thing when you're a rebound goddess. I'm suprised they dont have a book titled 'How to rebound with style'...Maybe there's a niche in the market there.
A girlfriend the other day gave me the rebound equation, and it goes something like this - time to get over someone = time with that someone / strength of anger...ok, so i made the equation up but its along those lines...

Going with the flow - is that a sign of being a total door mat? Or being a fighter? Or just a survivor? I would say the latter...or not, dont know really. Whatever it is, its working.

Self help books - nothing in there we dont already know, just helps to see it in words. Plus there are some really funny terms in them like 'the singles habitat'...like as if this is the discovery channel or something...

Anyways, for better or for worse it is what it is. Embrace change, concentrate on breathing when you get anxious, know your friends and family are there for you when you need a ring of love, Selfridges and other such temples are around the corner - walk in, breath in the rarefied air, take a walk through the food court and everything is OK! there's nothing life can throw at you that cant be handled...we are not victims. And there's always the trust fund you can dip into when you want to run away..find yourself...Eat, pray love ....or whatever they call it these days.

Here's to the ladies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment